The African Union Internship Program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience through The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU.
As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
- Host: African Union (AU)
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Training | Visa Sponsorship
The African Union, is a unique Pan African continental body. It promotes unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership Worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In seeking to attain this objective, the African Union intends to build its capacity to deliver, among others, the implementation of its organizational structure.
In this pursuit, the African Union Commission invites applicants who are citizens of Member States for its Internship Program.
To receive consideration for the Internship, you must:
- Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
- Be full time students currently in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
- Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
- Do not have any history of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
- Prior work experience is not a requirement for the internship positions.
Duration and Reward
The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
- AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will not have any entitlement to any compensation for travel.
- The internship will span for only once for three (3) month renewable one time for any candidate
- Interns do not have access to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expenses of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have an individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
- Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Method of Application
Application for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: June 30, 2023
You might also like to apply for The Wema Bank Tech Bankers-in Training Program 2023 For Young Nigerians | Apply Now