Table of Contents
Introduction to the 2023 ASMAF Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students.
The ASMAF Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 for Nigerian Students is now open for application. The Award is a Need-based financial aid for which the student and family’s financial situation is a primary factor in determining recipients. Besides the student and family’s financial situation, the awardees must be promising students with superior academic ability.
The undergraduate scholarship award will be renewed annually for the duration of the course of study if the Awardee maintains and sustains an appropriate academic record, and participates fully in all the programmes offered under the award. An appropriate academic record is deemed to be a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to the conclusion of the academic programme. The Awardee must provide evidence of appropriate academic record certified under the hand of the Registrar of the University or his/her delegated representative and evidence of satisfactory participation in all other programmes offered under the award.
Note that the applicant and family’s ability to contribute or pay toward the costs of university will be the primary factor used to determine financial need. Financial need will be evaluated by a number of factors, including the applicant and her family’s income, assets, and family size. In general, a family income of N1m or less, has a reasonable opportunity to be financially eligible for an ASMAF Scholarship; whereas a family earning above N2m is likely not financially eligible. While these are general rules, all applicants will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the ASMAF Undergraduate Scholarship, the applying candidate must be able to meet up to the criterias below.
- Be a female INDIGENT and Nigerian citizen embarking on tertiary level qualifications for the first time.
- Have gained admission to or be enrolled in a full-time accredited undergraduate programme in Medicine, Law, Actuary, Engineering, Accountancy, Architecture or any professional course in any public university in Nigeria.
- Meet the financial need and academic requirements specified in these guidelines.
- Demonstrate commitment to academic and professional excellence and possess strong leadership potentials.
Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
- Financial assistance for a professional course of study at a public Nigerian University covering tuition, board and upkeep for a period of up to 6 years, depending on the course and year of award, and subject to maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Life skills and leadership development programmes including mentoring, with distinctive personal, academic and professional growth opportunities.
- Access to resources that provide useful information and tools that encourage academic excellence and lifelong learning.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to read the full details about the program on the official announcement page for more details about the application process.
Method of Application
- Fill Online Form
- DEADLINE for collection and submission of application is Friday 1st September 2023. Late application will NOT be accepted.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED applicants will be contacted.
- Selection decisions are final.
application process. Note that the application closing date is the 30th of October, 2023.