The University of York Thanzi Scholarship is now calling for applications from aspirants Worldwide in 2023. Do you have an interest in this opportunity? Read to the end because we will be discussing the eligibility criteria, its benefits and step-by-step application process.
University of York Thanzi Scholarship Programme will be launching 6 new funded Health Economics Distance Learning MSc Studentships to support postgraduate training in health economics.
The University of York Thanzi Scholarship are open to African-based candidates currently working on health economics-related issues for ministries of health or public universities in the WAHO and ECSA regions. The studentships cover the MSc and related travel.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship (£7,990 per year) | Travel Allowance
What is the Health Economics Distance Learning (HEDL) programme?
Led by academics at the University of York, the Health Economics Distance Learning (HEDL) is a three-year MSc programme, specialising in health economics and related disciplines, Teaching and learning is delivered online via a virtual learning environment and is designed to be completed part time, enabling students to gain their qualification and continue working.
Students in the University of York Thanzi Scholarship have access to a large range of study resources and support and are part of a learning community, which meets each year via residential workshops at University of York.
Scholarship Requirements for The University of York Thanzi Scholarship
To apply for the University of York Thanzi Scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Employed in a health-related field within a ministry of health or public university role in the WAHO or ECSA region and see health economics training as essential to their career plans.
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or equivalent).
- Evidence of English language ability (if required).
- Candidates must seek permission from their employer to secure a minimum of one day per week to undertake their studies.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The University of York Thanzi Scholarship cover:
- Course fees for the 3-year programme of study (£7,990 per year)
- Travel costs to attend the Programme’s annual residential workshop each year*
Please note: the University of York Thanzi Scholarship do not cover stipends, so you will be expected to provide your own IT equipment, including a laptop and internet access, to enable you to partake in course activities (e.g. using the VLE, accessing online study resources and videos, and engaging in group chats using Zoom or similar platforms).
There is an expectation that students will have the opportunity to participate in a face-to-face workshop approximately once a year during their Studentship. Funding for travel, accommodation and other costs related to attendance at the workshop(s) will be agreed closer to the time.
HEDL Course Structure
- Year 1: Postgraduate Certificate in Health Economics for Health Care Professionals
- Year 2: Postgraduate Diploma in Health Economics for Health Care Professionals
- Year 3: MSc in Economic Evaluation for Health Technology Assessment
Method of Application
Applications for the Thanzi Programme MSc Studentships are welcome before Monday 19 June 2023 (09:00 BST). To apply, please complete and submit your online application form, ensuring that you attach the following documents:
- A copy of your undergraduate degree qualification certificate.
- A copy of your English language test certificate (if required) – further information about English language requirements can be found on the University of York website.
- A copy of your latest CV (maximum 2 A4 pages).
- A Letter of Support from your employer, committing time (20 hours per week) and necessary support to complete the 3-year course.
Applications will be reviewed by regional panels led by the East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community (ECSA-HC) and West Africa Health Organisation (WAHO), and shortlisted in June 2023.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit their final applications to the University of York HEDL admissions team (deadline Friday 28 July 2023).
Successful applications will be contacted by the University of York with an invitation to start the programme in September 2023.
Applicants are to completely submit applications before the Deadline: June 19, 2023
You Might Also Like To Apply For The Fully Funded Government of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship for Talented International Students | Study-In-Malaysia