Table of Contents
Introduction to the CERN Technical Student Program 2024
Applications are now open to apply for the CERN Technical Student Program 2024 in Switzerland. Are you an undergraduate student or a master’s student in STEM-related fields? Then, there is no better internship than the CERN Technical Student Program. Each year, the panel selects 80 students for the fully funded internship.
The CERN Technical Program offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in one of the world’s leading scientific organizations. It offers a variety of roles in physics, computing, engineering, and more. Applicants should submit their applications before the deadline.
Note that IELTS is not required. The CERN will cover all the expenses, such as travel, accommodation, stipends, visa assistance, and family allowance. If you are motivated and interested in spending 4–12 months at CERN, then apply for the CERN Technical Student Program 2024. More details and the application process are given below.
Available CERN Technical Student Program Fields
The following are the available categories of study in the CERN Technical Student Program:
Categories: Applied Physics, Engineering, or Computing.
Subcategories: Any of the following disciplines: applied physics, electrical or electronics engineering, general or civil engineering, IT, mathematics, robotics, material and surface science, and mechanical engineering.
Financial Benefits of the CERN Technical Students Program
CERN will provide the following benefits:
- A contract of 4 to 12 months
- An allowance of 3407 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax)
- A Travel Allowance (Economy Class Air Tickets)
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement may be necessary if you are married and/or have children.
- Health Insurance Scheme
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
A panel of CERN experts meets three times a year in February, June, and October, and on each occasion, typically 80 students are selected to join the program. Students selected for the program receive a full scholarship that covers tuition fees and living expenses. The scholarship also covers the cost of the visa application. Additionally, students receive a guaranteed internship placement in CERN’s administrative departments.
Eligibility Criteria for the CERN Technical Student Program
- A national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State
- Have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
- You must remain registered as a full-time student during the internship at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English and French.
- Proof of English language proficiency is not required.
- Most recent academic transcript
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory
The reference letter needs to be uploaded by the candidates while completing the application. Ensure to prepare your answers in MS Word or Notepad in advance, as once you start completing the application, you have a limited time to submit it.
- Application Review: until the end of January 2024.
- Announcement of Selected Students: February 2024
How to Apply for the CERN Technical Student Program 2024
The application process is online. Click the link to the CERN Technical Students Program website below to begin your application.
Applicants also visit: