Table of Contents
About the University of London Online CyberSecurity Scholarships 2024/2025
Applications for the University of London Online CyberSecurity Scholarships 2024/2025 are now open for international students. This is an incredible opportunity that you simply cannot miss. By enrolling in this program, you will be able to build a strong foundation of essential skills that are required in the field of cybersecurity. Not only that, but you will also get hands-on experience with the latest industry case studies, which will allow you to prepare for real-world career success in the fast-paced and ever-changing world of cybersecurity.
The online cybersecurity scholarships are designed with the goal of equipping you with all the necessary knowledge and tools that you need to become a true expert in the field of cybersecurity. You will receive comprehensive training that will cover everything from basic concepts to advanced techniques. This will help you gain a deep understanding of the various cybersecurity threats and how to protect against them.
In addition to the knowledge and skills that you will gain, you will also have the opportunity to network with industry experts. This will help you build valuable connections that can help you advance your career in the future.
By the end of the program, you will have gained all the skills and knowledge needed to launch a successful career in the cybersecurity industry. You will be able to leverage your newfound expertise to land a job in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of London Online CyberSecurity Scholarships
Entry Route One: Direct Entry Route
To qualify to register for the MSc, PGDip, or PGCert, you will need a bachelor’s degree that is considered at least comparable to a UK second-class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the university.
Entry Route Two: Performance-based Admissions Route
If applicants do not meet the requirements for direct entry, they can apply for the MSc via the performance-based admissions (PBA) route. To qualify for entrance via the PBA route, you will need a third-class bachelor’s degree or Aegrotat.
Applicants with an appropriate professional experience qualification from a recognised professional body will be considered on an individual basis. Students on the PBA route may transfer to the MSc on successful completion of two modules (30 credits).
Entrance Requirements For Stand-Alone Individual Modules
To qualify to register for a stand-alone individual module, you will need a third-class bachelor’s degree or Aegrotat.
English Language Requirements
You need a high standard of English to study this programme. You will meet our language requirements if you have achieved one of the following within the past three years:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall with 6.0 in the written test
- Pearson Test (Academic): at least 59 overall, with 59+ in reading and writing and 54+ in speaking and listening
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade C or above)
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 overall, with 22+ in reading and writing and 20+ in speaking and listening
- Duolingo must achieve an overall score of at least 120.
If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirements but believe you can demonstrate the requisite proficiency, the university may consider your application at its discretion.
The University of London sets minimum basic computer requirements because your study resources are accessed via the Student Portal, and it is vital that you can access this regularly.
For this programme, you will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. You will also need to be able to view video material and a media player (such as VLC) to play video files.
Benefits Of University Of London Online CyberSecurity Scholarships
The ultimate benefit is the numerous scholarships that are available. However, there are many more benefits, as you will see below:
- Hands-on experience with real-world case studies: This degree offers a combination of modules covering important areas such as security management and governance, cybercrime, applied cryptography, and information privacy. Through these modules, you’ll gain hands-on experience with the latest industry case studies to help you make an impact at any organisation.
- Learn from world-class cyber security experts: You’ll benefit from the wide-ranging expertise of pioneering and influential academics, researchers, and professionals in the cyber security field. As you advance through the curriculum, you’ll learn about the most relevant tools, techniques, and technologies from thought leaders defining the future of cyber security.
- Employability and career progression: This degree is targeted at career-minded individuals who wish to develop their professional skills with academic and practical insights into the subject of cyber security. You will gain practical experience through hands-on lab sessions simulating real-life scenarios, which will allow you to understand how to connect academic and theoretical cybersecurity knowledge.
- Study at your own pace: Studying a University of London degree online gives you the flexibility to work. In contrast, you study, turning almost any location into your classroom without the costs of face-to-face study on campus.
- A mark of excellence: Earn an internationally recognised qualification from the University of London. The university has a track record of teaching, innovation, and research dating back 160 years.
How to Apply for the OnlineScholarships
Note that the deadline for applications is March 4, 2024. All applications are done via the link provided below. Interested candidates are advised to go through the details properly before they begin their applications. Bear in mind that late applications will not be considered. Ready to apply?