FATE Foundation Next Economy Programme is to empower youth in Nigeria, to unleash their talents, build their confidence and hone the skills they need for a successful career in a job or as an entrepreneur.
To accommodate the diverse ambitions of young people entering the labor market and together with our local partners, we offer The Next Economy Programme.
Young people will receive empowerment to transition from education to working life through employment opportunities or entrepreneurial ventures.
- Host: Fate Foundation
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
The Next Economy is an initiative of SOS Children’s Villages CV, Crosswise Works and GoodUp and is being funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The program will run in Lagos, Abuja, Jos (Nigeria), Bamako (Mali), Hargeisa (Somaliland), and Mogadishu (Somalia) and will focus on youth development and empowerment in these regions.
In 2000, we were founded by Mr. Fola Adeola to harness the strong entrepreneurial culture of Nigerians by providing the business incubation, growth and accelerator support required to fully explore their innovative pot
To receive consideration for the program, you must meet the following requirement:
- Open to Nigerian youths between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Applicants must be resident in these region; Lagos, Abuja, Jos (Nigeria), Bamako (Mali), Hargeisa (Somaliland), and Mogadishu (Somalia)
Aim and Benefits of FATE Foundation Next Economy Programme
- Core Life Skills Training: The core life skills training is a very impactful programme. Its main purpose is to expose young Africans to various soft skills. These skills are essential for personal development to start or build a career in a job or start an enterprise. With this training, the youth will be well equipped and informed to make profitable decisions including choosing between the employability and the entrepreneurship trajectories.
- Employability Training: This training further provides a mix of soft & job readiness skills to support entry into the labour market. Youths who go through the employability trajectory obtain relevant skills required for employment in a company.Through individual support provided by a coach, the youth critically reflect on your personal career perspectives and identify opportunities for an internship or learning-on-the-job.
- Entrepreneurship Training: The entrepreneurship training is a eight (8) week intense and hands-on training designed to provide knowledge about ideation, innovation and creativity with special focus on how to raise seed capital for business growth and sustainability.
- Incubation Training: The Next Economy Incubation programme main focus is on startups in the early stage of business who are investor-ready and are seeking new partnerships and investments to scale their businesses. This training focuses on business growth and sustainability and seeks to make them more profitable.
- Call for Application Duration: February 17- Mar 31 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 1 Training: April 17- May 1 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 2 Training: May 8-May 22 2023
- Entrepreneurship Training: May 29 -July 11 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.