These are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The headquarters of the Bank is in Lome, Togolese Republic.
The mission of EBID is to work towards the emergence of an economically strong, industrialized, prosperous West Africa which is fully integrated within the region and world economy in order to take advantage of the opportunities offered by globalization.
Within the framework of launching its Young Professionals Programme, EBID seeks to recruit young graduates from universities and other tertiary institutions of learning in the West African sub region and the diaspora.
ECOWAS Bank Young Professionals Recruitment Program
- The programs designed for high caliber young professionals who will not be more than thirty (30) years at the time of recruitment.
- The selected candidates will be appointed as Young Trainee Professional Staff in the Bank under a two (2)-year fixed term contract.
- The candidates will observe a probationary period of six (6) months during which each party may terminate the relationship without prior notice.
- However, where the performance of the Young Trainee Professional Staff is deemed to be satisfactory during the probationary period, their appointment shall be converted into an open-ended contract which means they will be permanent members of staff of the Bank.
- During their appointment, the Young Trainee Professional Staff will to different Departments on a rotational basis. Hence, to make them familiar with activities of the Bank.
- Furthermore, the Trainee Professional Staff will work under the supervision of senior staff. this will help them become acquainted with the various Departments, Policies and Programs of the Bank.
ECOWAS Bank Jobs Eligibility criteria
Reveiw the following criteria before proceeding with application:
- Less than 30 years of age at the time of recruitment;
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification in fields related to activities of the Bank
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure within a multicultural environment;
- Analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and determine priorities;
- Good research skills for obtaining pertinent information. This includes; banking analysis, statistics, monitoring competitive trends etc.
- Good knowledge of office automation systems (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point);
- Fluent in English/French/Portuguese with a working knowledge of one of the other two languages.
ECOWAS Bank Jobs Benefits.
- In conformity with the rules governing the program, the young professionals concerned shall receive positions to Departments in response to specific needs.
- However, throughout the duration of their appointment, they shall get consideration as Professional staff of the Bank.
- Furthermore, their conditions of service shall correspond to those for grade P1-1 in the EBID staff classification and salary scale.
- Various allowances (post adjustment allowance, housing and transport allowance, family grant where necessary) will be an addition to the salary.
- Furthermore, during the period of their appointment the young professionals shall receive plcement into the Bank’s pension scheme.
- The young professionals shall also be entitled to insurance cover against: death and permanent disability, total and permanent disability, temporary occupational disability, partial permanent disability, personal accident and sickness.
ECOWAS Bank Jobs Recruitment Criteria and Bank Jobs Application Procedure
Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for written and oral tests at the headquarters of the Bank in Lome. Candidates shall be tested for:
- Technical skills,
- Personality and level of motivation,
- Computer skills,
- Good verbal communication and writing skills in not less than two (2) of the three (3) working languages of the Bank.
ECOWAS Bank Jobs Application Process
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should forward their application dossier to the Bank in paper form. The dossier will comprise:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Copy of qualifications obtained;
- Copy of national identity card or passport;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- A letter of motivation indicating reasons for participating in the program, areas of competence/interest, relevant experience and career prospects.