Table of Contents
Introduction to the Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program at Boston College 2024/2025
The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program is an undergraduate academic merit program that annually awards full-tuition scholarships and fully-funded, GPSP-sponsored summer programs to 18 incoming freshman students. Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants who submit their BC applications by the priority scholarship deadline will be considered. There is no separate application for this scholarship, but please note that only candidates for fall admission will be considered.
- To apply to be a Boston College Presidential Scholar, you must apply by the priority scholarship deadline.
- No separate application is required, and you may apply as an Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision applicant.
- All applicants who apply by the deadline are automatically considered for the scholarship. Visit the Boston College Admission page for deadlines and information about applying to Boston College.
- There is no minimum GPA or SAT score requirement. However, we are looking for students with outstanding academic records who hold leadership roles in their school and who are committed to and have a demonstrated interest in community service. Typically, the students selected are in the top 1-2 percent of the national pool of freshman applicants.
- Letters of invitation will be sent out to finalists along with an official offer of admission to BC by February 1.
- Finalists visit Boston College (at the university’s expense) in mid-March to learn more about the university, the Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program, and the city of Boston.
- During their visit, candidates are interviewed by faculty and administrative staff, and they participate in other evaluative experiences, which all serve as the basis for the final choice of presidential scholars, who will be notified shortly thereafter.
Benefits Of The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program
The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program, which is only available to African countries, is a merit scholarship that covers full tuition at BC, regardless of financial need. It therefore does not require any financial aid forms to be submitted.
Length of The Leadership Program
Once admitted to BC as Presidential Scholars, students remain in the program for their 4 years at BC, provided they maintain a 3.5 GPA and remain model citizens of the BC community throughout that time. Presently, there are 60 scholars in the program.
How To Apply for the Leadership Program
There is no separate application for this scholarship, but please be aware that only candidates for fall admission will be considered. Note that the deadline for applications is November 1, 2023. For more information, visit the UPG Sustainability Leadership Program official announcement page.
Applicants also visit: