African Export-Import Bank AFREXIMBANK 2023 Internship Program for African Students
About African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for financing and promoting intra and extra-African trade. The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors. The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations which confers the status of an international organization on the Bank, as well as a charter, governing its corporate structure and operation.
The Bank recognizes that as part of its mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, it needs to facilitate a broader understanding of the problems of African trade and trade finance as well as the principles of trade finance, and specially structured trade finance, which is its operating model.
By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa. Contribution of fresh and diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank should be a priority for the interns. The Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website. The program attracts a lot of highly qualified candidates. Entry into the program is based on merit.
Requirements for AFREXIMBANK Internship Program Qualification
The program is open to students who are :
- Students with proven enrollment in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study programs in a recognized institution of learning in the year of the interns have an eater chance of acceptance. Also, candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law, or related fields have an edge;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- In the year in which they apply for the internship, candidates age must be between 20 and 32
- The President will approve any other applicants
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for AFREXIMBANK Internship Program
- The internships are offered for up to a maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internships occur throughout the year.
Documents Required for Application
- Letter of application;
- copy of their current CV;
- copy of valid passport ;
- certified copies of relevant academic certificates;
- recommendation for an internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program;
The shortlisted candidates will receive a conditional acceptance notice. They are to accept it before two weeks to avoid nullification. During this period, they will be expected to show evidence of the possession of medical insurance and group personal accident cover that is valid in Egypt (or their given internship location) during their period of internship. Failure to provide this before the start of the internship will lead to the automatic withdrawal of the offer.
For more details, visit the AFREXIMBANK website