The Women Techsters program is a FREE 1-year experiential learning technology upskilling program that empowers young girls and women, ages 16 to 40 years across Africa with global in-demand skills relevant to kickstart careers and businesses in technology.
The Women Techsters Initiative Fellowship aims to bridge the digital and technology knowledge divide between men and women in the technology ecosystem and ensure equal access to technology opportunities for women and girls.
The Women Techsters Fellowship is a highly competitive program, admitting only the top 3% of applicants. The Fellowship program will commence in September 2023 and run for a 1-year period. The first 6 months is a virtual technical and soft skills training, while the last 6 months are dedicated to experiential learning (Internship) or business incubation and mentorship.
- Host: Women Techsters
- Eligible Countries: 22 African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Paid Internship
The Women Techsters Fellowship is a tuition-free12-month intensive technology skills learning program (6-month training period and 6-month paid internship period) across eight learning tracks:
- Software Development
- Mobile Development
- Product Design
- Data Science and AI
- Product Management
- 3D animation & Mixed reality (AR & VR)
Women Techsters Initiative Fellowship Requirements:
The application is open to;
- African Girls and Women (ages 16 – 40)
- across 22 African Countries: Nigeria, Ethiopia, Egypt, DR Congo, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Algeria, Sudan, Morocco, Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Liberia, Gambia, Rwanda, Zambia, Sierra-Leone, Zimbabwe, and Botswana.
Duration and Reward
- The Women Techsters program is a FREE 1-year experiential learning technology upskilling program that empowers young girls and women
- The Fellowship program will commence in September 2023 and run for a 1-year period. The first 6 months is a virtual technical and soft skills training, while the last 6 months are dedicated to experiential learning (Internship) or business incubation and mentorship.
Method of Application For The Women Techsters Initiative Fellowship
Interested and qualified applicants for the Women Techsters Initiative Fellowship should apply using the link below
Kindly note that technical and soft skills are pre-requisite to accessing internship and mentorship opportunities in the Women Techsters Fellowship Program.
We are rooting for you as you kickstart a very critical step in commencing your journey as a woman in tech, and we earnestly look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
P.S. Do not submit multiple entries (more than one entry), as this would lead to your application being disqualified. Also, note that when you click on the submit button, it leads you to a response page that states your application has been received by the Selection Committee and you will be contacted on your application status upon review completion.