WHO/TDR Postgraduate Scholarship is a two-year Master of Public Health (MPH) postgraduate programme, with specialization in implementation science, for the academic session 202313;2025, beginning in August 2023.
This full scholarship is supported by TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Host Country: Colombia
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Return Airfare Ticket
The training will focus specifically on subjects and courses relevant to implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in LMICs, where many health interventions do not reach those who could benefit from them.
The goal of this scholarship is to enhance graduate training capacity and augment the number and quality of researchers in LMICs. The TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarship has a focus on implementation research on in
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must:
- Be residents in and nationals of low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- Be 35 years old or younger.
- Have an interest in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognized university.
- Be proficient in English.
- Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before the commencement of program
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Economy airfare between the home country of the student and Colombia.
- Tuition and academic fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Monthly stipend to cover food and accommodation for one person.
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel during data collection in home country
- 1 March 2023: Extension of the call for Applications
- 29 May 2023: Last date for submission of Completed Applications
- 1 – 4 June 2023: Review of Applications
- 4 June 2023: Summon of Shortlisted Applicants for Interviews
- 5 – 7 June 2023: Interviews for selection
- 30 June 2023: Final Selection subject to TDR Scholarship Acceptance
- 14 August 2023: Arrival at University of Antioquia/Orientation
- 22 August 2023: Academic Instruction Begin
Method of Application
Students are required to submit their online applications for the MPH Programme at the University of Antioquia. Complete details including the admission process and registration for application is available on the University’s website
If you experience problems with the web page or the call for the MPH (Maestría en Epidemiología) is not activated, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in the call. Instructions on how to proceed with your application will be sent to you via email.