Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship For African Students is to support academically gifted students who do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate a combination of exceptional academic merit and financial need.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends
LSE is pleased to confirm three Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarships for the 2023/24 session.
These scholarships are generously funded by Standard Bank Group.
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants will ordinarily be resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
- Must be sound academically students and do not have the financial means
- Must demonstrate exceptional qualities
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The three scholarships will each provide:
- the cost of full fees for the eligible programmes and
- provide a maintenance stipend for living costs.
Method of Application
To apply for this and other LSE scholarships with the same application process, you must have:
- Applied for admission to study at LSE; see How to apply
- Submitted the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application (including Section G: Personal Statement) accessed via the Graduate Application Tracker
- Received an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional)
Successful applicants will receive notification though out May, June and July 2023. Please ensure that our domain name – lse.ac.uk – is added to your safe senders list and routinely check your junk/spam folders.