Learn Africa Scholarships over the years offered 630 scholarships have been awarded to African women from 42 different countries through the Learn Africa program.
This has been possible thanks to the commitment and dedication of a wide network of (more than) 50 partners, including universities, educational centers and donors.
For the past two years, the Learn Africa program had to focus almost exclusively on the online training modality due to the travel and gathering restrictions imposed worldwide to curtail the spread of the pandemic.
- Host Country: Spain
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket | Monthly Allowance
Coinciding with the celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Women for Africa Foundation, the program is now back with a training offer broader than ever, combining three different training modalities: face-to-face, online and blended (hybrid), thus allowing female African students to choose the training model that best suits their personal circumstances.
Women for Africa Foundation opens applications for African women for training and graduate scholarships.
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements and technical/technologic material of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Online scholarships cover only tuition fees.
- Face-to-face scholarships cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Round trip
- Accommodation and meals (either in a University Hall or through the provision of a monthly allowance)
- Health insurance
IT IS NOT guaranteed that scholarships will cover other expenses such as:
- Re-enrollment fees for subjects failed at the ordinary or extraordinary exams.
- Internet connection for online scholarships.
- Costs associated to the issuance of the visa to travel to Spain.
- The legalization, recognition and translation of university degrees and academic records (the host University will require these documents).
- The issuance of the certificate once the studies in Spain have been sucessfully completed.
- Any other daily expenses including, but not limited to, local transport.
- Each scholarship is just for a single person; in no case will support of any kind (financial, consular, accommodation, etc.) be granted for potential accompanying family members (children, parents, siblings, spouse, etc.).
A specialized committee will make a first evaluation of all the applications based on the following documents:
- Reference letter(s)
- Motivation letter
- Language Skills
- Project (if required)
The final selection of candidates will be agreed upon with each of the partner universities and the outcome will be made public on our website in June (www.mujeresporafrica.es). Selected candidates will also receive a personal notification through e-mail (to the e-mail address provided in the application form).
Documents Required for Application
- National identity documents
- CV + INFO
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Reference or recommendation letter/s + INFO
- Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Research project
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;