The Applications are open for the Livingston Global Award 2023.
For more than four decades, the Livingston Awards have identified exceptional young journalists and the next generation of newsroom leaders. Winning the award helps talented young reporters develop the confidence and the institutional backing to continue producing ambitious projects. National recognition leads winners to new stories, new audiences, and new career opportunities. The distinguished names of past winners include David Remnick, Christiane Amanpour, Ira Glass, Michelle Norri,s and Steve Coll.
- Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national,l, and international reporting. There is no entry fee. Prize money is paid directly to the journalists, not the media organization.
- Entrants must be 34 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2022.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
- One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces either from a published series, an original piece and its follow-up developments, or three pieces tied together in a beat. All pieces of the series must be published by the same organization.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that a media organization can submit, provided that they enter only one entry per reporter.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Print, online, video, au,dio, and data visualization work is eligible. Still, photography is not eligible.
- The work must appear in U.S.-controlled media.
- Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify.
- Student media are not eligible.
- Competition is limited to work appearing during the calendar year ending December 31, 2022.
- Winners will participate in an outreach event arranged by the Livingston Awards.
The deadline for entering work published in 2022 is 11:59 p.m. ET on February 1, 2023.
For more information, visit Livingston Award.