Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
Theme: Youth Creating a Peaceful Future
What does a peaceful world look like to you? How can young people work together, using creative ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future? Share your specific ideas.
- Host: Goi Peace Foundation
- Eligible Countries: All Country
- Reward: Certificate | 1,000 Dollar Price | Awards | Gifts
Goi Peace Foundation is a public benefit organization who has support from members around the world working together to create a culture of peace.
The Goi Peace Foundation embodies the spirit of Masahisa Goi (1916-1980), a Japanese spiritual teacher, philosopher, poet and author who dedicated his life to peace and humanity.
After witnessing the terrible destruction of the Second World War, Masahisa Goi started a world peace movement to spread the universal message and prayer May Peace Prevail on Earth, as a way to unite the hearts of humanity transcending all boundaries of culture
To participate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories are eligible to submit essays:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. You are to type your essay with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, applicants must submit the essays in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Essays must have only one author.
Applicants in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively will receive the following awards:
- 1st Prize (1 entrant): Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 2nd Prize (3 entrants): Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 3rd Prize (5 entrants): Certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
Method of Application
Entries must be submitted online. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
- Before you register, please read the contest guidelines and FAQs carefully.
- Create your essay file in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format. Your essay file size must be 2MB or less. Endeavour to type your essay with your name and essay title at the top of the first page.
- Go to either “Individual” or “School/Organization” Entrant Registration page.
- After entering all required information, click “SUBMIT” button at the bottom of the page to create an account.
- When your account is successfully created, you will be automatically logged in to “My Account”.
- For “INDIVIDUAL”: In “My Account”, click “Add Essay” on the side menu, attach your essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT”. Only one entry per person is accepted. Once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your certificate from the “Download Certificate”.
- For “SCHOOL/ORGANIZATION”: In “My Account”, click “Add Student” on the side menu, register one student per row, attach each essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT.” Only one entry per person is accepted. Once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your students’ certificates from the “Student List” and your certificate from the “Teacher‘s Certificate of Participation” on the side menu.
- If you leave “My Account” page, you can log in again with your email address and password from “Entrant login” on the top menu.
- Please note that you can only create one account with one email address.