ALX Africa/MasterCard Software Engineering Scholarship offers some of the most lucrative and exciting career opportunities, with companies seeking tech professionals who can solve 21st-century problems.
As the tech ecosystem continues to evolve, innovators are required who are able to develop cutting-edge solutions that draw from engineering principles and programming skills.
In the tech industry, the key to success is to learn agilely, stay up-to-date with disruptive technology, and develop knowledge that will help you advance to the next level.
- Host: ALX Africa | MasterCard
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Certification
ALX is a leading technology training provider, built to accelerate the careers of young Africans through the technology and professional skills that enable them to thrive in the digital economy.
We provide world-class training to the next generation of technology professionals, innovators, entrepreneurs, and business leaders, preparing our talent to join the global workforce and influence innovation across the tech landscape.
Together with our partners – the Mastercard Foundation and The ROOM – we aim to be a major driver in technological innovation
To receive consideration for the scholarship, you must:
- 15 months, 70 hours/week
- Access to a laptop or desktop
- Access to a stable internet connection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Residing in and/or able to attend in-person activities in one of our city hubs
- Build your foundations to thrive in the modern world of work
- Engage in a hybrid learning experience with both in-person and online elements to help you succeed
- Gain access to The ROOM Fellowship, our prestigious talent community where you can gain access to world-class events, perks and rewards, and lifelong learning
- Understand multiple programming languages and get front-end and back-end specialization
Scholarship Duration and Reward
What career will this programme prepare me for?
- Front-End Engineer
- Back-End Engineer
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Graphics Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Mobile App Developer
- Embedded System Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Cyber Security Engineer
What You’ll Learn
- Problem-solve using coding and other forms of technology
- Develop design systems and gather information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces
- Model a system or application to help developers write the code that is needed
- Calculate, recommend, and plan computer specifications, layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications through analysis and recommendation
- Analyse system capabilities and requirements by storing, retrieving, and manipulating data
- Key professional competencies such as project management, critical thinking, creative problem solving, interview techniques, communication, and collaboration skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.