Malaysia Government Scholarship is an initiative of the Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia.
This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
- Host Country: Malaysia
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Living Allowances | Visa Fee
The Malaysia Government Scholarship Details:
Established on 13 April 2012, Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a Company Limited by Guarantee (“CLBG”) under the purview of the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. EMGS is the wing responsible for promoting Malaysia as the international education hub of choice and to position Malaysia as the Top 10 education destination.
It is also the principal body that manages the movement of international students in Malaysia, including facilitating visa processing.
Requirements for The Malaysia Government Scholarship:
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60; or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instruction may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The applicant shall fully bear the cost of the medical check-up.
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities).
- Applications are only open to candidates who have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia but have not yet started their studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Malaysia Government Scholarship scholarship covers:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Medical Claims
- Visa Fee
Method of Payment: Participants will receive allowances and other benefits from the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, through their individual savings accounts. Students are advised to open a Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad account.
Applications for the Malaysia Government Scholarship will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancing technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing, and reading skills in English Language
Method of Application for The Malaysia Government Scholarship
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.