The Food and Agriculture Organization announces the opening of applications for the 2023 United Nations/FAO Internship Programme for African undergraduates, postgraduates and recent graduates.
The United Nations/FAO Internship provides a monthly stipend of $700 to selected candidates for a duration between three to eleven months.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security.
- Host: United Nations | FAO
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Training | $700 monthly stipend
The United Nations/FAO Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The United Nations/FAO Internship Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship duration ranges from 3 months to 11 months.
- Individual interns will receive a stipend up to a maximum of USD 700 per month.
To apply for the United Nations/FAO Internship, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications
- Letter of motivation
Method of Application
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- As an applicants for the United Nations/FAO Internship, you are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
2 thoughts on “United Nations/FAO Internship Programme 2023 for African Graduates | Apply Now”
Great opportunity for African countries
I’m a Kenyan citizen enthusiastic in working with organizations such as FAO basically to impact on the lives of citizens by providing my vast experience in Supply chain management.
I welcome the opportunity to showcase my talent and growth and mutu benifits for the organization.